Aloe Vera, which is also popularly known as the plant of immortality, contains 75 naturally active substances like amino acids, minerals and vitamins. Apart from those active substances, aloe Vera is also rich in saponins – a natural cleanser that helps in getting rid of skin problems, making it an excellent skincare product. So before you start thinking twice about adding in aloe Vera gel in your beauty regimen, here are some of the proven benefits of adding the plant on your skincare regimen.
1. Protects From the Sun’s Harmful Rays. One of the known skincare benefits of aloe Vera is sun protection. The gel forms a layer on the skin that serves as a protective layer and helps in refilling its moisture. Choline, a moisturizing compound found in aloe plants, works by healing sun burns faster, while the Choline salicylate reduces the inflammation, redness and swelling of the burn.
2. Destroys Acne-Causing Bacteria. Unlike in other plants, aloe Vera contains Gibberellins (plant hormone) and Polysaccharides (plant chemical compound) that protects the skin from the acne-causing bacteria. A research conducted among 60 Singapore men and women with mild acne showed a drastic acne reduction when aloe vera by forever living products from Singapore, mixed with retinoid cream, was used. As per the researchers, it may be due to the fact that aloe Vera can penetrate deeper into the skin to wipe out the bacteria trapped in the clogged skin pores.
3. Moisturizes the Skin. Another good thing about aloe Vera Singapore is that it moisturizes the skin without making it look oily. For men, the gel can be used and applied as an after-shave product as aloe Vera includes natural healing properties that heals almost any small cut.
4. Removes Scars. While it may not look like it, aloe Vera gel actually helps in removing scars including acne marks. A research shows that the plant aids in maintaining collagen production during the injury recovery process, thus keeping scars from forming. Other than that, aloe gel can also be used as a defensive coat over the scar to speed up its healing process.
5. Lessens Stretch Marks and Wrinkles. As you get old, getting wrinkles becomes normal and yet, everyone starts feeling anxious about their look when a wrinkle line appears. Luckily, you can already use aloe gel to lessen those unwanted marks and lines. Aloe Vera contains a good amount of antioxidants including beta carotene, and vitamins C and E that aids in improving the skin’s natural elasticity while keeping it hydrated. Other than that, the antioxidant properties of aloe Vera Singapore also helps in healing and reducing stretch marks.
6. Reduces Itchiness and Skin Inflammation. Apart from healing stretch marks and preventing appearance of wrinkles, aloe Vera can also be used to reduce itchiness and skin inflammation. Aloe Vera gel contains a soothing essence known as choline that aids in lessening itchiness and skin inflammation. In fact, even Ayurveda uses aloe Vera compounds to cure skin problems like acne, eczema and psoriasis.
7. Aids in Treating Skin Pigmentation. Brown spots can be a real cause of stress for some of us, but with aloe Vera, this doesn’t have to be the case. Our skin colour often depends on the pigments called melanin that are created by melanocytes. The pigment often appears in the form of brown patches in areas like the forehead, nose, cheeks, upper lip and the chin – and since aloe Vera Singapore contains substances like polysaccharides and mucilaginous, it can help in lightening the pesky brown spots.
8. Minimizes Excessive Oil Production of Skin. Excessive oil production combined with dirt and dust is what often causes skin problems like acne, inflammation, pimples, and black- and whiteheads. Luckily, all this can be prevented or treated with the help of the aloe gel. The plant contains choline salicylate, which aids in minimizing the skin’s excessive oil secretion, thus maintaining the oil level on the skin.
9. Treats Blemishes. Blemishes are the dark spots or skin discoloration caused by acne, aging, hormonal imbalance or excessive sun exposure. Fortunately, aloe Vera contains anti-inflammatory properties that can be used to treat or keep your skin from getting any blemishes.
DIY Aloe Vera Gel Uses
• For Glowing Skin. To get the glowing skin that you’ve always wanted, simply mix your aloe Vera gel with a teaspoon of milk and a little amount of turmeric powder. Once you’re done mixing, apply the mixture all over your face and leave it on for 20 minutes. After that, rinse the pack with clean water, pat your face dry with a soft towel and you now have a glowing skin.
• For Treating Blemishes. A good way to use aloe Vera gel to treat blemishes is to mix it with rose water and use the mixture as a facial pack for 20 minutes then wash it off. Use this method twice a week to completely treat blemishes and get the results that you want.
• For Getting Rid of Skin Pigmentation. Simply use the aloe gel on the pigmented areas of your body and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off. Do this every other day to help you deal with your skin pigmentation problems.
• For Refreshing, Clean Face. Aloe Vera gel isn’t just perfect for preventing and treating skin problems, it can also work as an excellent facial scrub alternative. All you’ve got to do is add two tablespoons of oatmeal and a tablespoon of honey in the gel to create a paste. After that, apply the mixture all over your face then gently massage it before rinsing off with water. You’ll surely be amazed with how clean and refreshed your skin looks after using this facial scrub.
Experiencing certain skin problems can be really depressing. So start using homemade aloe Vera gels or the ones found in the Singapore market now to get rid of your skin problems and ease your anxiety associated with the problem.