Making yourself prettier nowadays can be very easy. There are a lot of products you can choose from depending on your preference of prize and skin sensitivity. If you are a newbie, don’t fret. All you just have to do is equip yourself with the right start-up kit that you can use and practice with. Here are the must-haves the Singapore women listed as they started their beauty journey:
- BB Cream. There are many BB Creams offered in the market by well-known brands or even locally made products. For a tip, go for something that you are sure how to use, perfect fit to your skin like those lightweight creams with SPF, etc. These types of products can give you that warm pinkish glow and spreads in your face in the right amount of coverage making you as fresh and young-looking as ever.
- Liquid Concealer. If you have beauty problems like zits and freckles, it is mandatory that you use liquid concealer to hide them instantly. This beauty product can help you look flawless and can even your skin tone if properly used.
- Face Palette. For a make-up noob like you, this should be your BFF. If you want to try different types of make-up looks to beautify your face, buy one of these. You can ask someone more experienced to help you out or you can practice by yourself with the help of YouTube and other beauty or fashion websites.
- Gel and Liquid Eyeliner. This is probably one of the products that are the most challenging to apply. If you’re still new at this, try to find those types with angle tips that can help you to draw lines easily as you paint your lid.
- Mascara. Part of baby steps is to use mascara. You need this in order to get full and thick set of lashes. Usually you have to buy an eyelash curler as mascara’s partner but there are tons of products and brands nowadays that offer both. If you have mastered putting your mascara, you can take one step further by buying false eyelashes and lash extensions for better looks.
- Lipstick. You can never go wrong with wearing lipstick. Whatever shade you like or fits with your look and mood, lipsticks deliver even without the need to put more make-up on your face. For beginners, the usual colors are red, pink and other light colors. You might want to add some lip balm or lip gloss to give it an extra shine but nonetheless your start-up kit will then be complete once you purchase this one.
There are workplaces in Singapore and even around the world that are indeed too toxic too handle. A toxic place composed of toxic people to work with will not result into a healthy working relationship. In order to identify if your workplace belongs to this category, check out the list below:
- Major communication problems. Communication is very important in an office. It may be in different modes relayed from bottom to top or vice versa. Either way, communication applied should be effective and constant. Lack of proper communication and connection among employees can create problems and may result into conflict and misinterpretation. If you do not want difficulties to arise in your workplace, make communication open all the time.
- Inconsistency in following policies. You can’t force some employees to really follow office policies. That’s the problem. A workplace becomes very toxic if all the people working in it do not know how to follow simple rules and regulations. Usually even the tiniest details are neglected, what more on the general and more important policies? If employees are valued enough and are disciplined accordingly, then problems will not be incurred.
- Narcissistic leaders. There are different types of leaders. Narcissistic leaders are toxic to work with because they would not listen to your suggestions and contributions. They usually believe that they are the only ones who could solve problems, make creative ideas, and so on. As much as possible, it would be healthier for you to not argue with these types of leaders or better yet you and other employees can file an intervention regarding the said superior.
- Seething disgruntlement. One way or another we all experience dissatisfaction with our jobs. Some employees are much more vocal and they often reflect their unhappiness with the level of commitment and work they put in a project or assignment. Unvalued and unhappy employees result into low performance. These people can really be toxic to work with especially if you end up doing their job for them on top of your own responsibilities.
- Physical and emotional health effects. If your workplace creates that unhealthy and unhappy atmosphere, you might want to evaluate if you’d still want to stay or leave. Don’t put yourself in a situation or don’t strain yourself physically and emotionally by staying in a workplace that you know doesn’t give you the fulfillment and happiness you deserve. If you seldom get sick or if you consistently experience stress and depression, maybe it’s time to find a new job or workplace that could make you feel otherwise.