Menstrual cycles are something you have to deal with every month and that is not very comfortable at all. There are girls who are blessed enough not to encounter menstrual discomforts every month while some feel pain and other things. Lucky for you, your mother is there to teach something which she got from your grandmother and your female predecessors.
What are the things to avoid during your menstrual cycle? Here are some:
- Do not shave: According to scientists, during your menstrual cycle, oestrogen levels fall dramatically. If you have low oestrogen levels, it makes physical pain hurt more because this is the time the body becomes too sensitive. If you are due for waxing or even shaving, you should move it for when your period is over. If you have an appointment with your dentist, postpone it too.
- Do not watch sad movies: You might find this foolish but you have to believe that it can play a part in menstrual discomfort. You should not be surprised that your emotions are little different when you are on your period. Your hormone levels will drip and romantic or sad movies will only make things worse. These movies can intensify your sensitivity which will make you feel more down. Instead, watch for funny movies.
- Do not be lethargic: Here in Singapore, women with periods are allowed to skip PE or gym classes because they think that it can do harm. The truth is it does not. If you are being lethargic, all the more you can think of the pain and discomfort. Experts are recommending women to do physical activities during their menstrual cycle as it helps with anxiety and cramps.
- Do not consume dairy products: Dairy products are not best when you have your menstruation because they contain arachidonic acid. This acid can result to more cramping in your lower abdomen.
- Do not eat foods high in salt: Whether it is your menstrual cycle or not, experts are discouraging people to eat foods high in salt or in sodium. Remember that increased consumption of sodium can lead to bloating, cramps and fluid retention which are not helpful during your menstrual periods.
- Do not let the protection stay longer: Tampons are important during these days and some claim that you can use it for eight hours straight. No matter the case, you have to frequently change tampons every three to four hours. This will limit the discomfort plus it can prevent the development of bacteria resulting to that foul odor you know so well.
All Singaporeans have attitude – some are easy to bear with, some are difficult. Regardless of the attitude of the people you meet, it is important that you know how to handle them because it can make you successful at the end of the day. It is helpful that you have this kind of emotional intelligence so you can deal with people especially those that are toxic or difficult.
Here’s how you should handle difficult people:
- Establishing boundaries. At the beginning, smart people already know that they cannot please everybody. You can start with that. Once you accept that, you will not sell yourself short. You will instead rise above amidst the chaos and establish some distance or boundaries with difficult people.
- Focusing on solutions. You should not waste your time trying to understand difficult people and changing them. Instead of focusing on them, why not focus on the problems and make actions. It will better the odds. There is no point listening to their negativity.
- Being self-aware. When you are aware of your weaknesses and strengths, you have better chances of outsmarting difficult people. When you are met with different stress every day, by knowing your weaknesses and strengths, you do not allow difficult people to influence your actions.
- Learning from the situation. Yes you can forgive but you cannot forget because it served as your lesson learned. All these years, you have learned that experience is the best teacher. You can protect yourself from the claws of negative or difficult people by remembering the lessons you learned in life.
- Tuning out negativity. There is no surprise that difficult people always speak of negativity and criticism. You should be wise enough not to listen to them because chances are they are just making things a lot messier. You should not listen or even engage in negativity and criticism talks.
- Saving energy. Difficult people will stir disagreement and fight. If you are involved, you will be damaged. The best way is to save all your energy for the next day. Do not respond to all negative things you hear.
- Focusing on the good things. Smart people simply want to be happy and pray to stay that way for a long time. If you derive your joys within rather than the external forces, brighter days will come. However if you need other people to make you feel happy, that is the time that you need to get away.
- Resting when necessary. If you get enough rest, nothing can break you. Sleeping is important because it recharges your brains and emotions.