Perhaps, there’s no such person who wouldn’t like to be happy. In the midst of the demands of life and work or school, happiness is often pushed aside to make room for worry, stress and anxiety. It doesn’t have to be this way all the time. Here are 10 simple things you can do that can help improve your level of happiness.
- Have some dark chocolate. The antioxidants in dark chocolate can trigger production of oxytocin—the ‘feel good’ hormones—and help relax blood vessels, which lowers blood pressure.
- Get a massage. Who wouldn’t be pleasured with a massage? Whether it’s done by a professional or by your spouse, gentle touches are relieving and make anyone feel good.
- Listen to music. It should be a part of your everyday routine. Playing upbeat songs will make you feel positive and energized, while slow and calming songs at the end of the day will help you feel relaxed and rested.
- Take a relaxing bath. Make this a habit before going to bed. Prepare a warm, relaxing bath with essential oils and rose petals (if you like). Giving your body a much needed relaxation at the end of the day will give you the peace of mind to sleep well during the night.
- Go shopping. Women love this! But it can be equally satisfying for men, too. Shop not just for clothes, but anything you want—shoes, bags, sports gear, etc. It’s always nice to buy yourself something, isn’t it?
- Whip yourself some good food. This is a lot better when done with your significant other. Cooking together will make the both of you feel happier. Plus, nothing beats good food when it comes to instantly lift your mood.
- Prioritize yourself. Whenever you feel exhausted or bummed out, take a break and do whatever relaxes you. Even if it means 15 minutes of break to savour a cup of joe or take an afternoon nap, prioritizing yourself in the middle of a busy day is always worth it if it gives yourself a chance to relax.
- Go on a picnic. Go out with your family, friends or with your partner. Prepare something to bring with your for an afternoon picnic at the park. Spend some time outdoors, savouring the beauty of nature, breathing fresh air and just having fun.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Bad habits have the tendency to pull negative vibes into your life. It’s not just smoking or taking drugs, it may be spending too much time on TV, laziness, etc. As simple as when you’re not making the right choices in your life, you’re far from being happy.
- Love may hurt, but it also gives us absolute joy. If you love and you are loved in return, you feel the happiest, don’t you?
Remember, happiness is a choice. It’s all up to you how to make it happen.
Working out on weekends is pretty easy, since you don’t have other things to do. You can start your Saturday by hitting the gym or spend an hour or two of leisurely bike ride in the in the afternoon.
Here comes Monday; just the thought of finding time for a run can be overwhelming. Morning meetings and after-work happy hours make it even harder to find time to go to the gym. But, regular exercise throughout the week is important as it helps manage stress and sleep better at night. Here’s how you can make weekday workouts happen.
- Get Your Gym Gear Ready
Get your workout gear all set, so you won’t have an excuse not to go to the gym. Do your laundry on weekends to make sure all your gym clothes are clean and sorted out before the week starts. Have a set of gym apparel ready at all times in your car, so you can go to the gym right away when the time allows.
- Schedule Your Week
Workweek can get really busy. That’s why it’s important to make a schedule in advance. On Sundays, figure out the most convenient times for you to workout. Most gyms and fitness studios nowadays have online sites where they post their monthly classes. Check your gym’s website to see which classes you can attend during the week that will fit your work schedule.
- Gather a Squad
Gym buddies make working out a lot easier. They don’t only keep you accountable for showing up, but they generally make working out fun. Ask around to see if anyone in your office wants to do yoga or try HIIT after work, or if someone lives near your neighbourhood for an early morning jog.
- Keep It Interesting
Choosing an exercise you know you’ll love will make it easier for you to start and maintain a workout schedule. But don’t limit yourself to the same exercise. Every once in a while, switch things up. Though there’s nothing wrong with getting into a routine, it’s more exciting to work out when you know you’re going to try a new type of exercise you have never tried before.
Hit the gym or just be a couch potato? Do not make the wrong choice, no matter how busy you are. While it’s a tough decision to make after a stressful day at work, remember that even Mark Zuckerberg finds time to jog several times a week. If you aren’t as busy as a business CEO, there’s no excuse for not working out on weekdays.
It is okay to retake photos especially if you are just new with taking selfies but as you go along, you will learn to perfect it, score tons likes and be the popular person in your community. If you want to hasten the process of taking amazing selfies, you can consider the following easy tricks:
- Tilt your head: Tilting the head at an angle is a simple trick that you should master. Tilting the head at an angle is very effective in highlighting your cheekbones plus it can make your eyes look wider. This will surely yield off adorable vibes.
- Look for good lights: The secret to a perfect selfie is good lights. With the right light, it will spark your skin thereby making you look amazing. Thin of the hair too! It will be shiny. So next time you take a selfie, go outside and take advantage of the light.
- Find your pose: You should have a signature pose. This is like packaging your best features in the picture for show. If you feel good about your pose, your picture will say the same too. No matter the situation, always strike that pose.
- Consider editing apps: Editing is okay as long as you do not go far from reality. Editing is actually better than filter. There are different applications here in Singapore either free or at minimal cost. Editing your photos a little can surely land you many likes.
- Use fan: The oldest trick of photographers is fanning. Many magazines love this. If you have a fan around, use it. The glamorous movement of your hair can be the thing that you are waiting for. It should be few feet away from you so the pictures will look like natural.
- Hold it above: When taking selfie, the easiest thing that you can do is to hold the camera slightly above your head. This will give your selfies a stronger feel. If you want to showcase your outfit of the day, you have to consider this.
- Enjoy the process: Your followers may enjoy candid photos instead of scripted ones. You don’t have to take serious pictures all the time. Sometimes “wacky” is all you need to be vibrant. You will surely garner more followers if they saw that you are having a great time with the photos.
Hopefully these tricks are enough to make an amazing selfie. Always trust in the power of your smartphone, skills and your good looks. If you are still not taking good selfies, just patiently practice and you will surely master it in time.
You are given a chance to travel for business. That makes you feel really special. If you are sent to somewhere to conduct business in behalf of the company, it is imperative that you bring along different items to stay connected. You should bring your laptop. The good news is that there are lightweight laptops available here in Singapore now. These lightweight laptops can make your business trip trouble-free.
The only challenge that you will encounter is choosing which tech brands offer the thinnest or lightest. Who would want lugging bulky computers when traveling? You can actually choose tablets but it is not practical especially if you are used to a full-size keyboard. Laptops should be carried when for any business trip. Here is a list of lightweight laptops available in the market now perfect for any business trips:
- HP Spectre: HP Spectre boasts of .40 inch thick design plus 2.45 pounds weight. It is surely lightweight but developers spared some designs like its two-tone black and gold finish plus rounded piston hinges. Speakers are Bang & Olufsen. It costs about $1,425.
- MacBook Air: MacBook air brags of 13.3-inch widescreen display. Though it is not light as other MacBook at 2.96 pounds. It is idea for business trips where sockets are not readily available because of its up to 12 hours battery life. It costs about $999.
- Macbook: If you want lighter and thinner Mac than the previous one, this is the perfect choice. It has 12-inch retina display and weighs about 2.03 pounds. Its battery life is up to 10 hours. The good news is that you can choose many finishes from metallic gray to rose gold. It costs about $1,299.
- Dell XPS 13: Thin laptops tend to compromise other features in an effort to slim down. But not the Dell XPS 13. It boasts of an Intel Core i7 processor plus one terabyte storage not to mention 6 ports. It weighs 2.7 pounds. It costs about $1,422.
- Vaio Z: If you do not look closely, Vaio Z can be mistaken as a Macbook Pro. It weighs 2.58 pounds with 0.59 to 0.66 inch thickness. Vaio made it from aluminium, mica stone and carbon. It costs $1,799.
There is nothing wrong if you mix business with pleasure. After working hard, you can finally explore the corners of whatever place you are in. Do not forget to have fun in the process. You can buy these laptops around do not worry.