You are given a chance to travel for business. That makes you feel really special. If you are sent to somewhere to conduct business in behalf of the company, it is imperative that you bring along different items to stay connected. You should bring your laptop. The good news is that there are lightweight laptops available here in Singapore now. These lightweight laptops can make your business trip trouble-free.
The only challenge that you will encounter is choosing which tech brands offer the thinnest or lightest. Who would want lugging bulky computers when traveling? You can actually choose tablets but it is not practical especially if you are used to a full-size keyboard. Laptops should be carried when for any business trip. Here is a list of lightweight laptops available in the market now perfect for any business trips:
- HP Spectre: HP Spectre boasts of .40 inch thick design plus 2.45 pounds weight. It is surely lightweight but developers spared some designs like its two-tone black and gold finish plus rounded piston hinges. Speakers are Bang & Olufsen. It costs about $1,425.
- MacBook Air: MacBook air brags of 13.3-inch widescreen display. Though it is not light as other MacBook at 2.96 pounds. It is idea for business trips where sockets are not readily available because of its up to 12 hours battery life. It costs about $999.
- Macbook: If you want lighter and thinner Mac than the previous one, this is the perfect choice. It has 12-inch retina display and weighs about 2.03 pounds. Its battery life is up to 10 hours. The good news is that you can choose many finishes from metallic gray to rose gold. It costs about $1,299.
- Dell XPS 13: Thin laptops tend to compromise other features in an effort to slim down. But not the Dell XPS 13. It boasts of an Intel Core i7 processor plus one terabyte storage not to mention 6 ports. It weighs 2.7 pounds. It costs about $1,422.
- Vaio Z: If you do not look closely, Vaio Z can be mistaken as a Macbook Pro. It weighs 2.58 pounds with 0.59 to 0.66 inch thickness. Vaio made it from aluminium, mica stone and carbon. It costs $1,799.
There is nothing wrong if you mix business with pleasure. After working hard, you can finally explore the corners of whatever place you are in. Do not forget to have fun in the process. You can buy these laptops around do not worry.
There are different internet service providers here in Singapore that sometimes you get confused of what to consider. The good news is that there are different factors that you can consider when shopping around for the right internet service provider. It is a good idea to call every service providers and ask for details but sometimes, you have to do your work first.
You should gather information first. Here are some factors that you should consider when shopping around for internet service providers:
- Speed: The first thing that you have to ask is their speed. Internet service providers will offer different speeds. If you are only thinking about home web surfing, speed should not be an issue to you. However if you think about YouTube uploading and streaming, you should put heavy emphasis on speed. For example, Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) or fiber-optics is a good choice but the speed tends to vary depending on your area and the time of day. If you are far from their offices, there is a tendency that the speed is slow.
- Additional cost: Other service providers tend to conceal other costs like renting a router or modem. Others providers can give it for your free. Upon signing up, make sure that a router or modem will not give you additional costs.
- Data caps: Service providers will usually impose a monthly “cap”. This is how much data you can actually use and download. There are other companies that do not offer monthly cap. This is good for people who are frequent YouTube and Netflix user.
- Bundling: Bundling can help you save money more. If you have an existing phone or cable service, bundling should be considered. Ask for bundling prices first before indulging.
- Add-ons: Service providers will also offer add-ons like firewalls and software. Don’t just pay it without thinking. It is a good idea to have spyware and antivirus protection but you can get it from outside which is cheaper.
- Other deals: Over the phone, you will be enticed of introductory deals. It is good but you have to know how much you will adjust after some time. Compare the “regular” prices and determine if you can save.
Now that you know what factors to consider, it is time that you make your choice before it is too late. Do not delay internet connection especially if you feel it can help your kids with their studies.
Choose wisely! When things get rough, anyway you can just call the company’s customer service.
There are many photographers in Singapore – both professional and hobbyists – who are slowly turning in their DSLRs for a Mirrorless Camera. A Mirrorless Camera also known as Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera (MILC) is as its name suggests a camera that has no mirror. It also features lens interchangeability. Mirrorless Cameras have only been introduced in the market eight years ago but this type of camera is definitely drawing some attention. Generally, these cameras are smaller in build and cheaper than your typical DSLR but they also come with a lot of fascinating features that pushes a new bar of competition against its higher end counterparts. But before you decide to replace your DSLR with a Mirrorless Camera, let me share some things you need to know about this type – what makes them great and what makes them not so.
The Camera is Compact
As already mentioned, a Mirrorless Camera is generally small in size. The camera has reduced one main factor which is the mirror. This then allows the lens to be mounted closer to the sensors. The lens is also built in small sizes in order to match the size of the sensors which explains why most of these cameras are small. On top of this, a Mirrorless Camera is also light-weight.
The Camera’s Autofocus
The hybrid autofocus system turned everything around by turning this well-known area of weakness for Mirrorless Cameras. The autofocus used to be so bad but now they’re the camera’s main asset. The hybrid autofocus system enabled the Mirrorless Camera to produce outputs that are more consistent and accurate even when compared to other cameras like DSLRs.
The Camera’s Video Quality
This is something that advocates of Mirrorless Cameras are proud of. This type of camera is proven to be able to produce photographic tricks that most photographers would want to have. The Mirrorless Camera is also known to produce better (if not the best) quality for videos.
The Camera Is Your Investment
Usually it’s the lenses that photographers spend much money on. A lens can do a lot and there are many classes to choose from. What’s great about Mirrorless Cameras is that with the use of an adapter, it is possible to use different kinds of DSLR and non-DSLR lenses on Mirrorless Cameras. So what this really means is you can enjoy all the lenses you have in just one body of camera. That makes this type of camera an investment in itself.
The Camera’s Limitations
Again, it’s only been 8 years since Mirrorless Cameras entered the market scene so it’s really the newest type of camera. What this means is you can expect a lot of inconsistencies on the camera manufacturers’ market and product performance for the Mirrorless Camera. These cameras have also a shorter battery life as compared to DSLRs – that’s a blow. They also don’t have an optical viewfinder which causes noticeable lag time in live footages. This puts the Mirrorless Camera at a disadvantage when capturing photos of moving objects.
Robots are here in Singapore for a reason and it is for the best. The advancement of robotics has made the life of people easier and more comfortable. Its use ranges from manufacturing to health care. Robotics is mainly evident in safety and productivity. It does not end there because robotics saves time and money.
There are Singaporeans who despise the advent of robotics but there are others who embrace it wholeheartedly. It was mentioned earlier that robotics can be used in health care. In this line, there are some robots manufactured than can make the life of people easier and more comfortable here in Singapore. These robots will specifically benefit the elders.
Here are some robots worth mentioning:
Xuan is the name of the robot created by Ngee Ann Polytechnic. You should know that Xuan can serve as your exercise coach. As of today, Xuan services almost forty senior citizens in Lions Befrienders Senior Activity Centre located at Mei Ling Street. Xuan is not the last because there are other digital companions set to help out the elderly.
Eric the robo-dog is actually short for Elderly Rehabilitative Interactive Companion. Actually, Eric is the first robotic dog here in Singapore that is designed to service the elderly. The dog helps the elderly with their exercise routines at Ling Kwang Home for Senior Citizens. The robo-dog is fortified with visual sensors that permit it to react to the elder’s movements. Eric will surely make the exercise more fun for elders.
Elders will be excited to hear that there is a robot that can read human emotions. The robot is called Pepper. Pepper is manufactured by SoftBank, a Japanese telecommunications company. Pepper will be released in February of this year.
Asimo is probably the most popular of all robots. Asimo is created by Honda. It is only 1.3 metres tall and looks like a petite astronaut. The robot can walk, run and climb the stairs. It can also serve a drink and shake one’s hand. Asimo is created to assist people with reduced mobility.
Elders will be deceived of a stuffed monkey. The stuffed monkey is not your ordinary toy. It can laugh and grunt wherever you touch it. Huggler can help in terms of improving the quality of life of the elders.
Now the old can spend their silver years with robots that do not get tired of serving them. The infinite stamina and the permanent beam of the robots can make a difference. You should support your elderly if they choose to avail of the services of the robots.
If you ever heard of the phrase ‘money is time’, you would already know the importance of having a fast internet speed. A slow internet speed not only obstructs your employee’s rate of productivity, it may also obstruct the revenue that is earned by the company. But don’t worry; internet exchange points, as many as two of them, are already operating overseas, which will boost your internet speed.
An exchange point is not only useful for enterprises; it is also useful for enterprises that provide services such as the internet. Service providers are now saving more money than the past, because of the IXs. This is because in the past, service providers could only exchange local traffic using tansit networks – which resulted in higher costs and higher latency. This is not the only bad thing about it; users get poor internet speeds, which resulted in poor customer satisfaction. The nodes of these two exchange points will be placed in the data centres of 1-Net Singapore and Global Switch. There will be a centre, namely NOC, which will be operating 24 hours round the clock to provide technical support and to watch over the network, making sure that operations of the SGIX run efficiently. SGIX will also offer peering arrangements, ranging from 1 megabit Ethernet to 10 gigabit, together with flexible port arrangements. There is, however, a price to pay for these services as there is no free lunch in this world. Having a good 100 megabit Ethernet connection is good, even though you have to pay $800 per month. It sure is price-worthy for your enterprise to perform with higher performance, security and reliability.
Finally you will have determined to construct your on-line brand presence, now the very first thing you want is a superb domain name. Memorability and branding for a domain identify is very important to maintain your visitors.
There are many large and famous sites which have loads of recurring visitors, one motive is as a result of their domain name is brief, brandable and really straightforward to remember. Some individuals do not bookmark websites, so you will need to have a domain that’s simple to remember. Try to avoid registering any domain with greater than two words or 12 characters.
Next, premium domains will be resold for greater costs in future. You will lose each time and cash should you swap to a unique domain halfway by your project. The results of adjusting a domain title later will be disastrous if not dealt with properly as it could possibly cause a huge lack of traffic. The significance of branding on the net could be very excessive, do not lose it by doing a foul Singapore domain registration.
Choosing a .SG domain that’s straightforward to say brings about great benefits. If it sounds good and the one that hears can easily repeat it, then you have got an amazing sounding domain. They should also portray some meaning, and you’ll be surprised at what a little creativity can do! Still cannot decide a very good title? Consider a reputation that you simply really like and on the identical time symbolises your business. When you fall in love along with your domain, you will be passionate in ensuring its growth. One of the top rule, have a goal for the domain title that you will register. Make the proper alternative, register the most effective domain for your corporation and I assure you won’t remorse it sometime down the road.